In compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, 15 USC 6802 (GLB Act), Resource Capital will electronically provide you with an initial and annual "Privacy Notice" as defined under the GLB Act. By using the Investment Advice, you agree to receive these Privacy Notices electronically.
Information Resource Capital Collects
- Information Provided by You, our Clients/Users. In connection with setting up a user account, Resource Capital may request and collect personal information from you such as name, age, email address, postal mailing address, and mobile telephone number. Resource Capital may ask you to provide investment information such as investment preferences and goals, tax data such as income tax bracket, investment history and parameters that help establish a financial profile. Such information is collected to help Resource Capital tailor the Investment Advice to you.
Resource Capital will not share personal client information with third parties such as non-affiliates or advertisers.
- Updating and/or Accessing Client Information. If there is any change in your information, you may update the information on the Website or App by logging into your account and accessing your profile information. If you no longer desire to use the Investment Advice, you may delete your account by selecting "Delete Account" on your profile page or by contacting Resource Capital Tech Support. Resource Capital will respond within 30 days from the date of notice. In the event that you choose to close your account, Resource Capital will delete all personal information from our servers, but some residual non-personal information may remain. If necessary, we may retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information collected by Resource Capital. Resource Capital collects client submitted information as described in the above sections. We also collect non-personal information including but not limited to your IP address, browser information, timestamp, type of mobile device or tablet device accessing the Investment Advice and actions performed during the access to and use of the Website, App and Investment Advice, and other information that may be helpful in performing usage statistics and server analytics.
How Resource Capital Uses Information
- How Resource Capital uses Client Information. Resource Capital uses the information that you provide to understand your investment philosophy and offer Investment Advice and features tailored to you. Resource Capital may request and use your email address to communicate product upgrades, promotional features, service maintenance, and other communications regarding the Website or Investment Advice. If you provide a mobile number, that number may be used to send information of the features listed above as well as OTA (over the air) upgrades to the App or updates to the Investment Advice. You can control whether you receive these messages by accessing your user account preferences.
- Disclosure of information. Resource Capital does not sell, rent, share, trade or give away your personal information. Resource Capital does not share any of your information for promotional use.
Resource Capital will not share any of your non-public personal information with a non-affiliated third party without obtaining a prior consent from you.
- Third Party Advertisers. Resource Capital does NOT share ANY identifying information with third party advertisers or non affiliates.
- Resource Capital accounts are password protected. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. Resource Capital may also use further security measures such as having challenge questions when logging in from an unknown device.
All access to your user account is encrypted.
Resource Capital will notify its clients in the event of any security breach that exposes client information.
- Protecting Privacy of Children. The Website, App and Investment Advice are not directed to any person below the age of 18. Resource Capital does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on our Website from a person under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use or access the Website, App or Investment Advice at any time or in any manner. If a parent/guardian becomes aware that his and/or her child under the age of 18 has provided us with any information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to remove any such information.
- Opt-Out. You can opt out of receiving messages and email communications from Resource Capital by logging into your user account and setting your account preferences appropriately.
By opting out of receiving alerts, the client may risk losing time sensitive information. Clients can also opt out of Resource Capital ’s use of client’s personal information, though by opting out, some features and Investment Advice may not be available to the client.